A place to kick back, relax, talk, and to have a little fun

Blackout RP

WindNinja
    WindNinja

Blackout RP - Page 2 Empty Re: Blackout RP

Post  WindNinja on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:45 am

The sergeant was now approaching the mansion's doorway. "Alright, I just have to remember not to let anyone know I'm an officer...I have an idea," she thought as she rung the doorbell.
    Evie
    Evie

Post  Evie on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:46 am

"I'm not sure vhat he could deduce from technology tventy years older than him, but knock yourself out." However that would have to wait, as a loud chime of some tune that Oscar couldn't recognize echoed through the mansion.
    Parzifal
    Parzifal

Post  Parzifal on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:48 am

Sety's head snapped around towards the sound of the door. "You're right. Hold that thought," he spoke, before heading to the foyer. "I'll get the door."

To say Sety was surprised at the woman standing in front of him was an understatement. He didn't think that anyone would actually be alive to read his message. "Er.. Hello."
    WindNinja
    WindNinja

Post  WindNinja on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:52 am

The door opened to reveal a man who didn't appear to be much older than her. Despite the fact that she knew that there would be someone at the mansion, she still had to use a lot of effort to hide her joy at finding someone else who was alive.

"Hello. I'm here in response to the mass e-mail that was sent out."
    Parzifal
    Parzifal

Post  Parzifal on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:56 am

"...I'll admit, I didn't think anyone would be alive to read it. Come in and rest for a bit." The blue-and-yellow-haired man led the unfamiliar woman to the museum. "You can join my father in looking at.... whatever the bloody hell he's looking at. I have to give my friend a quick check-up."
    Evie
    Evie

Post  Evie on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:58 am

Said friend was busy trying to get comfortable in a chair made out of what looked to be bones. He sincerely hoped it was just a replica, though why someone would want a faux bone chair was beyond him.
    Parzifal
    Parzifal

Post  Parzifal on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:02 am

Sety laughed a bit at Oscar. "Alright, I'm going to transfer Sage over to you for a bit over the wireless network, okay? he should be able to run a quick general electronics check."

As he spoke, there was a flicker in one of Oscar's contacts as it functioned as a screen for him alone. The head of Sage's avatar appeared in another flicker of pixels. "Hello, Oscar. I am the 5A-G3 Sound and General Electronics Program. You may call me Sage."
    WindNinja
    WindNinja

Post  WindNinja on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:03 am

The sergeant decided to look for the nearest chair. She desperately wanted to give her feet a rest for a few minutes.
    Evie
    Evie

Post  Evie on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:07 am

"Huh. I have to admit, for a tventy year old software you look pretty good. You could do something about that hair though." He stated, blinking a couple times to note that he could still see the projection regardless of if his eyes were open or not.
    Parzifal
    Parzifal

Post  Parzifal on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:10 am

"And what's wrong with my hai-" Sage cut himself off. "Never you mind that! Excecuteing diagnostics check." the digital voice spoke as a steady stream of numbers crossed across the "screen."

"So," Sety leaned against the wall as he addressed the new female. "Who are you, exactly?"
    WindNinja
    WindNinja

Post  WindNinja on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:21 am

"Name's Hannah. Hannah Baker. I was just driving through town when I heard a loud screech, so I tried to stop the car. The next thing I knew, I woke up to notice that my car was wrecked but had just enough power to show the mass e-mail that was sent."
    Evie
    Evie

Post  Evie on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:23 am

As Sage got down to business, Oscar kept himself preoccupied by picking at a loose thread on his vest. After taking care of it, he had nothing to occupy himself. "Vell, you certainly are taking your precious time." Except mock Sage for his insufficient data collecting, of course.
    Parzifal
    Parzifal

Post  Parzifal on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:25 am

"You walked all the way here?" Sety's eyes widened. "That's admirable. No wonder you're tired."

"I'm not used to working with two systems. Do you NORMALLY run two systems?" Sage asked, scanning over the data.
    thegunsling
    thegunsling

Post  thegunsling on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:26 am

Detective Valyark looked at the carnage all around him as he walked towards the mansion. He smoothed back his long, crimson hair, which was ponytailed and reached the middle of his back. His light red eyes scanned the area around the mansion. He was wearing an outfit similar to The Punisher's, except for three things: it was all red (excluding his boots, which were black), had no skull on the shirt, and included a red trench coat. Around his neck was a gold locket in the shape of a book. Red leather gauntlets adorned his wrists, and he wore red leather shin guards which were covered in one-inch spikes. He was five-foot-five, and had fairly pale skin. He looked to be no older than fifteen.

Detective Valyark approached the mansion slowly, his shotgun tucked away in his trench coat. He was unsure of what awaited him in the mansion, and hadn't eliminated the possibility that this could be an elaborate trick set up to kill any survivors of the blackout. However, he liked to stay on the positive side of things, and took it for what he had read in the message. He hoped he could work with whoever else was gathered in here to solve this mystery. Taking a deep breath, he rang the doorbell and knocked on the door, which is what he usually did when he arrived at a place of residence.
    WindNinja
    WindNinja

Post  WindNinja on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:28 am

The sergeant was about to continue the conversation but stopped when she heard the doorbell.
    "Someone else this quickly?"
    Parzifal
    Parzifal

Post  Parzifal on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:31 am

Sety stretched. "Well, I'm not complaining. It means people aren't dead." he walked to the door and opened it, before frowning. "Er... Hello there. What are you doing here, kiddo?"
    Evie
    Evie

Post  Evie on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:32 am

"Um, I guess? I still have a lot of data on my lenses that I vas meaning to transfer over to the chip, und I paid for ten years of use for the right one, it vould be a vaste not to keep using my lenses."
    Parzifal
    Parzifal

Post  Parzifal on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:35 am

"Well, fortunately for you, that saved your scrawny little butt. It looks like one of your systems was synched into the other at the time of the blackout. Basically, someone installed Windows on your Mac."
    thegunsling
    thegunsling

Post  thegunsling on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:36 am

Detective Valyark opened the side of his trench coat that contained his detective badge. It shimmered faintly in the light.
    "I am Detective Valyark. I received a message telling me that my assistance was required on this case." His voice sounded oddly deep for a fifteen-year-old. It was a bass voice, but not a super-deep bass voice. In fact, it could've passed for low baritone.
    Parzifal
    Parzifal

Post  Parzifal on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:39 am

Sety frowned further. "Kid, I appreciate you trying to help, but going around with your daddy's detective badge isn't a very good idea. I assume your father died in the blackout?"
    Evie
    Evie

Post  Evie on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:43 am

Oscar gave the AI a confused frown. "That does not seem possible. The lense models I have are at least three years old, NeuroAdvance came out last christmas. How can something that dated in comparison be able to run it?" He opted to ignore the scrawny comment and didn't question what a 'windows' or a 'mac' was.
    thegunsling
    thegunsling

Post  thegunsling on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:44 am

Detective Valyark shook his head in response.
    "No, sir. My father died... Well, it was a long time ago. Let's leave it at that, shall we? Believe me--you're not the first person to believe me to be 'Detective Valyark's son.' It's happened many times in the past."
    Parzifal
    Parzifal

Post  Parzifal on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:51 am

Sage looked at Oscar, deadpan, as he closed the data. "Haven't you ever heard of not looking the gift horse in the mouth?" He shook his head. "Be thankful you're alive. Tell Sety I'm transferring to the house network." And with that, he logged out of Oscar's head.

Back with Sety, he sighed. "Alright, fine, what have I got to lose." He led the young-looking boy to the museum. "Guys, believe it or not, this is detective Valy-" he didn't complete his sentence as the door slammed shut behind him before the red-haired detective could walk into the room.
    thegunsling
    thegunsling

Post  thegunsling on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:54 am

Detective Valyark looked rather stunned, but simply waited for the door to open once again. He was no stranger to malfunctioning doors.
    Parzifal
    Parzifal

Post  Parzifal on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:59 am

Sety blinked and looked behind him, before trying to open the door. "It's locked!"
    thegunsling
    thegunsling

Post  thegunsling on Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:03 am

Detective Valyark sighed. He looked around the room he was in, his eagle eyes searching for another door. He found one, and walked through it. He came into a rather old-looking room, which appeared to have been useless for several years. He found another door in that room, which led into the room in which the others were gathered.
    "There we go," he said as he came in. "There's always another door."
    Parzifal
    Parzifal

Post  Parzifal on Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:05 am

Even as he said that, the door he walked through slammed shut on his trench coat, and the door behind Sety swung open with a click.
    thegunsling
    thegunsling

Post  thegunsling on Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:08 am

Detective Valyark frowned. He reached into his pocket, pulled out his wallet, and procured a credit card, which was an outdated piece of technology in this day and age. Just like in one of those old-time movies, he slid the card around in the door until it hit the lock, opening the door again and allowing the detective to come into the room fully.
    Parzifal
    Parzifal

Post  Parzifal on Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:13 am

Dr. Massri and Sety were both staring at the credit card. "Is that a credit card? Can I see?" Ramses looked way too interested in the piece of plastic, while Sety was examining the doors.

"What's with the doors...?" Sage appeared on a small screen next to one of the doors.

"Do you want me to look?" the AI asked.

"What the- SAGE! Was that you?"

"What makes you think it was me?"

"You're in the house mainframe. You control the doors and lights."

"I just got here." Sage spoke, pokerfaced.
    thegunsling
    thegunsling

Post  thegunsling on Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:20 am

Detective Valyark handed the credit card to Ramses.
    "Take it. I have no real use for it anymore," he told the curious man. He looked at the AI on the screen next to the door. A confounded look crossed his face as he stared at Sage. This look turned into a little smile, but not one that held a lot of happiness, nor did it contain any kind of smugness or malice. He looked away from Sage and focused his attention on the rest of the group. "Greetings," he started, "I am Detective Valyark."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:37 pm