A place to kick back, relax, talk, and to have a little fun

Blackout RP

thegunsling
    thegunsling

Blackout RP - Page 29 Empty Re: Blackout RP

Post  thegunsling on Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:57 am

The detective cleared his throat.
    "Seangáin treabhsair!" he exclaimed. Following this, all of the rich folks in the room began to jump up and down and dance around as if they had ants in their pants. Valyark howled in laughter as he watched.

--

"How very original, pint-size. What else you got? Abe Lincoln? Heard that one, too." Another drag-and-tap of his cigar.
    Parzifal
    Parzifal

Post  Parzifal on Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:00 am

Reggie rolled his eyes, and opened up a program on his flatscreen. "Sage, find this person's info, please. I'm guessing it'll be under Bruce Banner. Or, if that fails, try John Cena."

Sage took one look at the man before his eyes widened. "I don't need to. I know this guy! He was my old drinking buddy! Kain, I thought you were dead!"

--

Ramses clapped a hand over his mouth to try and keep from laughing. "Oh, I wish I could do that every time I was here."
    WindNinja
    WindNinja

Post  WindNinja on Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:01 am

Caitlin was watching the rich folks do the trouser ant dance. "Wow. That was your plan?" she asked Valyark after giving a slight chuckle.
    Evie
    Evie

Post  Evie on Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:07 am

Oscar groaned "Great, is he some freakish vampire demon thing too!?" He exclaimed, throwing his hands up as he was completely and totally lost.

--

Having the explination of Valyark's powers absent from Oscar's recap from earlier, Salem was highly confused as to what was going on.
    Parzifal
    Parzifal

Post  Parzifal on Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:07 am

Sage paused. "Oscar, if I said YES....."
    thegunsling
    thegunsling

Post  thegunsling on Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:09 am

"Yup!" he told Caitlin, still grinning widely.

--

"Holy shit. I didn't think I'd ever hear from you again, Slate! No, I never died! Why would you think that?"
    WindNinja
    WindNinja

Post  WindNinja on Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:10 am

Caitlin looked over at Salem and noticed that he had no idea as to what was going on. She then said to him in a semi-serious, semi-joking manner, "Hey, if it makes you feel any better, sometimes even I don't know what goes on with these people either."

Last edited by WindNinja on Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:12 am; edited 1 time in total
    Parzifal
    Parzifal

Post  Parzifal on Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:12 am

"Um... Well, the whole 1500 years thing, y'know. People tend to end up dead," Sage laughed.

--

"Have any more tricks, Detective?" Ramses chuckled.
    thegunsling
    thegunsling

Post  thegunsling on Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:15 am

"That depends. Something else you need done to these guys?" It seemed the good detective was having quite a good time with this.

--

"Nah, man. To be honest, though, I am surprised that I made it this long. I think you and I are the only ones left. As soon as her daughter died, Sylven..." Kain's voice trailed off sadly.
    Evie
    Evie

Post  Evie on Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:16 am

All Oscar could do was stare in disbelief. Mouth agape, eyes as wide as dinner plates unadulterated disbelief. He let out several stumbled attempts to say something, anything, and eventually his efforts paid off.

"I....Nope. No, Nein. I fucking give up, take me back tvelve hours, I liked living in blissful ignorance. Or is that beyond all of these witchcraft bullshit shenanigans these guys can do!?"

--
    It really didn't help any, but Salem still smiled despite the situation.
    Parzifal
    Parzifal

Post  Parzifal on Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:24 am

"Oh," Sage addressed Oscar first, "Not possible for them, but it would have been possible for my father-in...." Sage trailed off, and shook his head, as if ridding himself of some emotion. "...Nevermind that. There IS one more alive, but... um... you won't like it. I know I don't."
    thegunsling
    thegunsling

Post  thegunsling on Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:26 am

"Yeah, I know. I've seen him around. Thinks he's all good now that he's a detective. Fucker still stole my girlfriend."
    Parzifal
    Parzifal

Post  Parzifal on Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:31 am

Sage was clearly about to say something in agreement, but thought against it. "Listen, we're breaking into the computer lab, I know you're here just for the cigars and booze. Want to come with us? We could use your help and we're losing time. What's say you? Do it as a buddy for an old pal?" Sage smiled.

"That, and I still have those pictures of you drunk from my birthday party. You know the ones," Sage spoke, overly cheerfully.
    thegunsling
    thegunsling

Post  thegunsling on Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:33 am

"Yeah, sure. I haven't killed someone or destroyed anything in...well...yeah, fifteen hundred years! I'm itching to be destructive again!" He cracked his knuckles and neck at the same time. "Let's do this."
    Parzifal
    Parzifal

Post  Parzifal on Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:38 am

Reggie's eyes bugged out. "DUDE, that's KINDA creepy! And cool at the same time!"

"Reggie, we should be getting to the computer room."

"RIGHT." Reggie nodded. "Oscar, can you pick the lock in the corner of the room over there?" Reggie asked, pointing at a door. "And you... um... what can you do?" he asked Kain.
    thegunsling
    thegunsling

Post  thegunsling on Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:46 am

Kain snorted and walked over to the locked door, brushing Oscar aside. He pulled a fist back and proceeded to punch a clean hole straight through it. He then reached into it with one hand, grabbing onto a side of the hole. With one almighty pull, Kain yanked the door right out and dropped it to the ground. Surprisingly, no alarm sounded, but that could be chalked up to the ignorance of the Estates' residents, who had thought that this part of the Estates needed no alarm.
    "After you, squirt," he told Reggie as he gestured into the next room.
    Parzifal
    Parzifal

Post  Parzifal on Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:48 am

"....WELL THEN." Reggie blinked before walking into the computer room and sitting down at a station. "Sage, initiate transfer, we're going to be looking for traces of the virus."
    Evie
    Evie

Post  Evie on Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:23 am

"Alright no pro--oof, hey!" Oscar exclaimed as he was suddenly pushed to the side by the burly man. His face twisted into a highly annoyed scowl, and his lips parted to protest....however upon seeing the lock being smashed with so little effort, he quickly reconsidered as the risk of his head being crushed was too unpleasant of a possible outcome.
    Parzifal
    Parzifal

Post  Parzifal on Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:30 am

M hovered behind Reggie's shoulder as he worked.

"Reggie, I think I found something." A file opened up on the screen. Programming code.

"I think we have our match..." Reggie frowned.
    thegunsling
    thegunsling

Post  thegunsling on Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:42 am

Suddenly, the programming code turned into a bunch of random and nonsensical sequences of numbers and letters.
    Parzifal
    Parzifal

Post  Parzifal on Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:46 am

"What the-!?"

"Reggie- Hacker!"

"TRACK IT!"
    thegunsling
    thegunsling

Post  thegunsling on Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:21 am

A message popped onto the screen.

Give it up.
    Parzifal
    Parzifal

Post  Parzifal on Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:20 pm

"You're the virus creator, aren't you?" S.A.G.E. hissed back across the connection.

"Sage, follow it- I'm going to see if I can lock down the computer," Reggie spoke aloud. "We need the old data from this file!"
    thegunsling
    thegunsling

Post  thegunsling on Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:41 pm

The sequences continued to multiply at a rather alarming rate, and another message popped up.

Don't try anything, wise guy. Anything you can hack, I can hack better.

Three virus icons popped up alongside the sequences: one red, one blue, one yellow.
    Parzifal
    Parzifal

Post  Parzifal on Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:48 am

"Yeah? I bet I can hack anything better than YOU."

With a deft keystroke, Reggie opened a programming window and created an anti-virus upgrade for the S.A.G.E. Program, who was then able to use the additional programming to effectivley destroy two of the viruses.
    thegunsling
    thegunsling

Post  thegunsling on Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:23 pm

The user on the other end smiled deviously, a plot formulating quickly in their mind. With a few keystrokes and a couple of clicks, they initiated a total-system shutdown of the entire computer room. A countdown window popped up on Reggie's screen, although it was programmed to say "Time until more viruses are implanted." The countdown timer started at a minute and thirty seconds, and started the moment it popped up.

I hope you enjoy a sick computer. =]
    Parzifal
    Parzifal

Post  Parzifal on Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:37 pm

"God fucking Jesus Christ..." Reggie scowled. "SAGE, Can you do ANYTHING!?"

"I'll try. I think they left open a path back." With that, he vanished off the screen.

Reggie, meanwhile, tried to disable the virus bomb and reprogram some more anti-virus programs.

Last edited by Parzifal on Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
    thegunsling
    thegunsling

Post  thegunsling on Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:42 pm

The opposing user continued to smile deviously. They executed another keystroke-and-mouse-click movement, and another timer popped up, set for fifteen seconds. This one, however, wasn't labeled.
    Parzifal
    Parzifal

Post  Parzifal on Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:46 pm

"...What's that?" Reggie glanced at the timer, worried, but he continued working to reprogram the spyware. "Nevermind- I think I almost have this set up..... And It'll activate a new firewall, too."
    thegunsling
    thegunsling

Post  thegunsling on Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:50 pm

Several more timers, all set for different amounts of time, popped up. Meanwhile, the main timer continued to count down, now dangerously close to reaching zero.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:13 pm