The Velvet Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to kick back, relax, talk, and to have a little fun

The Search For Sanctuary RP

thegunsling
    thegunsling

The Search For Sanctuary RP Empty The Search For Sanctuary RP

Post  thegunsling Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:04 am

Bonjour, mes amis. I am The Gunsling. This RP is one that I thought up based off of an idea I had for a story that never came to fruition. I thought it would be fun to turn it into an RP instead.

Summary/Released Information
    In the not-too-distant future, tensions between nations around the world have finally given way to all-out global war. In just a few short hours, the world was lit on fire by nuclear warfare and poisoned with biological warfare. Eighty-five percent of the Earth's population has been annihilated, leaving only small groups of survivors scattered throughout the land.

This particular RP takes place in America, and starts off in Santa Monica, CA. A radio broadcast tells of a safe haven that has been set up in Hartford, CT. The main characters will have to band together to keep safety in numbers and ensure that they all get to the haven safely. This is not a survival RP. These characters won't be facing life-or-death situations on a regular basis. The true purpose of this RP will be to test the ability to work as a team to get to a common destination.

Applications for this RP are currently open.
    thegunsling
    thegunsling

The Search For Sanctuary RP Empty Application Process

Post  thegunsling Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:17 am

This isn't a jump-in RP, so applications will be required. Not to worry, though--the process is simple and painless.

All you need to do is fill out the character application below and send it to me in a PM on this site.

If you wanna draw a picture of your character instead of simply describing them, then go ahead, by all means!

Things to Remember
    This RP is set in a world that could possibly come to be. There are no made-up fantasy lands or different dimensions here.

Your character cannot have superpowers. They can be athletic and strong, but they cannot have superpowers. Period. Remember that this RP is going to be as close to reality as it can be, so superpowers would be extremely out of place here.

There is currently a player cap of six players, including myself. This may change, depending on how many people show interest in the RP.

The absolute maximum amount of player characters (PCs) a player can have is two. We don't want this group to be massive. At certain points, however, rival groups will be encountered. At these times, each player may control up to two members of the rival group. These are non-player characters (NPCs), and will be either driven off or killed by the end of the encounter.

--

Ladies and gentlemen, start your applications!

--

The Search For Sanctuary application:

Character name:
    Age of character:
    General appearance:
    Hair color:
    Hair length:
    Hairstyle:
    Equipment (i.e. weapons, tools, etc.):
    Personality:

Is there anything special that's worth noting about this character? If yes, please answer:

Backstory:

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:08 am