The Velvet Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to kick back, relax, talk, and to have a little fun

5 posters

Blackout RP

Parzifal
    Parzifal

Blackout RP - Page 3 Empty Re: Blackout RP

Post  Parzifal Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:36 pm

"You're kidding" Sage frowned. "A kid his age is supposed to help us?"

"Do you have a better idea, Sage?"

"...Er... No..." The AI admitted
    Evie
    Evie

Post  Evie Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:46 pm

Alright, so basically that was a nicer way of saying 'I don't know why it happened, it's probably for the best you don't either'. Fine, Oscar could live with that for now. He turned his attention towards the the two new faces.

"I told you it vas a bad idea in the first place. But since the detective here came out all this vey, ve might as vell let him do something for his trouble." Oscar suggested, in a rare moment of maybe sort of seeing this from an outsider's perspective. "Like take him shopping for some new clothes. Bitch looks like he just stepped out of the early 3000s." He muttered that last part to himself, unimpressed.
    thegunsling
    thegunsling

Post  thegunsling Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:58 pm

Detective Valyark chuckled to himself. This collection of assorted individuals amused him.
    "I apologize if I appear a bit old-fashioned," he told the clothes designer, having somehow heard him mumble, "I just never saw the appeal in all of those fancy upgrades and clothes. Plus, I've always liked spikes. Anyways, I appreciate you guys sending word my way. I was just about to leave my office. My office is powered by back-up generators, so I was able to access my computer before it went completely dead. I've solved many mysteries before, but... This one takes the cake, by far. I think we can get to the bottom of this if we can work together, though."
    Evie
    Evie

Post  Evie Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:05 am

One of Oscar's bushy eyebrows raised higher than the other. "'Ve?' Vhat can a fashion designer, his assistant, an archeologist, und the mystery girl over there possibly do to help vith an investigation?" He asked skeptically, gesturing around the room as he listed off everyone.
    thegunsling
    thegunsling

Post  thegunsling Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:15 am

"You'd be surprised, my good man. I've solved mysteries with the help of a grocery bagger, a ten-year-old, and an elderly woman. Then again, most of those were missing persons cases, but still. Trust me. We can do this, no problem." Detective Valyark pulled out a notepad and a pen, ready to take notes on the conversation that was sure to follow.
    Evie
    Evie

Post  Evie Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:24 am

Oscar kicked back the chair he was sitting in to stand on its back legs, the back of ther chair coming to rest on the wall behind it. "Alright then detective, i'll play along. Vhat, are you going to interview me or something? I am not sure how this interrogation thing verks."
    thegunsling
    thegunsling

Post  thegunsling Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:27 am

"Well, I'd like to know what each of you were doing when the blackout happened, and anything strange you may have noticed during that period of time."
    Evie
    Evie

Post  Evie Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:52 am

Noticing a finger print in the corner of his glasses, Oscar took them off the bridge of his nose and began cleaning them with the handkerchief around his neck. "Sorry to say, but I vas sleeping vhen the blackout happened. The only thing I noticed at that time vas the backs of my eyelids." He explained, looking up in the light with his specks and then placing them back on the bridge of his nose.
    thegunsling
    thegunsling

Post  thegunsling Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:54 am

"Well, did you notice anything strange before or after you took your little nap?" Detective Valyark asked, taking down notes from what Oscar had just said.
    Evie
    Evie

Post  Evie Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:59 am

"Beforehand? Hmm...." He had to actually think about this. For a second he looked as if he was having an internal debate about something, but that look quickly faded as he thought up an answer. "Nope, Nothing vas out of the ordinary." He said with a shrug, rubbing the back of his neck to take care of a sudden itch.
    thegunsling
    thegunsling

Post  thegunsling Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:08 am

"Hmmm... Okay. Well, I can tell you that I know you're lying. I trust you, but I believe you saw something you don't wish to reveal."
    Evie
    Evie

Post  Evie Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:16 am

Oscar stared at him in silence for a good ten seconds, he bit the inside of his cheek as he finally caved. "Fair enough, but I don't see vhat it matters. Anyvey, Strangest thing is, I don't recall ever using the application I have to take said nap. Apparently I did though, for exactly one hour according to the history."
    thegunsling
    thegunsling

Post  thegunsling Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:21 am

"You're saying that somebody else somehow used the app to put you to sleep? From a remote location?" Detective Valyark had a fire in his eyes, one he usually got when getting further into whatever mystery he was working on.
    Evie
    Evie

Post  Evie Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:36 am

"Detective I think you are jumping to conclusions, I never said anything like that. I mean, yes it is possible, but for my sake can ve rule out other possibilities first? I don't like the idea of someone in my head thank you." He stated as a mater of fact, still kicked back in his chair.
    thegunsling
    thegunsling

Post  thegunsling Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:38 am

"Hmm... Perhaps it malfunctioned and activated by itself? Some apps have been known to do that if used frequently."
    Evie
    Evie

Post  Evie Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:44 am

"Perhaps, Though until today I had yet to have any major malfunctions vith NeuroAdvance. First time for everything I suppose."
    thegunsling
    thegunsling

Post  thegunsling Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:47 am

"I've known several people who used NeuroAdvance. They've all told me that, at one point or another, they've used an app so many times that it eventually began to activate by itself."
    Evie
    Evie

Post  Evie Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:50 am

"Those 'several people' are likely dead now, I really don't think they are a very good comparison for my current situation."
    thegunsling
    thegunsling

Post  thegunsling Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:11 am

"Of course they're dead, my good man. They all used the most recent updated chips."

----------

At this point, a young woman, aged nineteen, was making her way across the city on her white Harley. She had received the e-mail sent out by Sety on her PDA. She had fair skin, vivid green eyes, and brilliant copper hair that went down to her butt. Her facial structure wasn't like a typical woman's, as it wasn't extremely petite. Rather, it had a bit of a hardened look to it, as if she had gone through a few serious struggles in her lifetime. When she was off of her motorcycle, she was about five-foot-three. She was dressed in a sleek violet leather. Her curves were moderate, but nothing to the extent of a big-breasted supermodel. As she looked around for the mansion mentioned in the e-mail, she saw nothing but bodies everywhere. She passed a park, which was littered with hundreds of corpses, including those of small children. She could only hope that the survivors would be trustworthy.

The woman pulled up beside the car that was parked outside the mansion, and got off her motorcycle. She walked up to the mansion's doors slowly and quietly. Hesitantly, she rang the doorbell. She was unaware of what awaited her inside. Well, it was just a matter of seconds before she found out...
    Parzifal
    Parzifal

Post  Parzifal Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:10 pm

Sety heard the doorbell ring, and while he was having fun seeing Oscar questioned, he should go get the door and be a courteous host. After a moment's deliberation, he shrugged and walked over to the door, opening it. "Hello?"

Ramses, meanwhile, was busy examining the credit card under a microscope for an unknown reason.
    thegunsling
    thegunsling

Post  thegunsling Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:24 am

"Hello," she greeted Sety, "I heard that this was where people who survived the blackout were supposed to gather." Her voice was soft in volume, but had a subtle hint of sultriness to it when it came to how it sounded.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:31 am

As the events with the group were going on a man with pale skin walked out of a nearby house, after the events that took place there he needed to get out. "what the hell happened here?" he said to himself. With nothing but the clothes on his back and his trusty knife he walked away from the house hoping to find out what caused this.
    Parzifal
    Parzifal

Post  Parzifal Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:47 am

Sety quietly pondered the copper-haired girl. Her hair certainly didn't match her outfit, though Sety wasn't going to say anything for his own reasons.

"I see. Come in, we're meeting in the museum." He spoke, showing the girl into the house.

"People, we have yet another newcomer," he spoke, "If you would do us the pleasure of introducing yourself, miss?"
    thegunsling
    thegunsling

Post  thegunsling Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:56 am

"My name is Melissa Schaefer. I received the e-mail that was sent out, and decided to help." Detective Valyark looked up at Melissa from his notes and seemed to freeze. She noticed this. "Is there something wrong?" she asked him, looking a bit confused as to why he was staring at her.

"Oh, no," he responded slowly, "there's nothing wrong. It's just that...you look like someone I used to know, is all. Someone very close to me. That's all." Detective Valyark looked back down at his notes with a blank stare on his face.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:05 am

As he was walking he noticed someone walking into the house. Being careful he snuck towards the house, he looked through the windows to find some sort of activity while also being careful of not being noticed. 'now what's going on here?' He thought to himself.
    Parzifal
    Parzifal

Post  Parzifal Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:07 am

Sage was quiet at the newcomer as well, before he turned to Sety, monotone. "Would you like me to get the doors from now on?" he asked. "That way you do not need to walk?"

"Sage, it's alright. Really."

"Because I can get the doors if you want. You know what, I'm going to go check the network in the west wing." the S.A.G.E. avatar blinked out.
    WindNinja
    WindNinja

Post  WindNinja Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:38 pm

"Hannah" was so tired that she dozed off in the chair and missed a bit of the conversation. She woke up with a slight jump. "What? Huh?" She looked around and saw a couple of newcomers, the detective and the copper-haired girl. She was focused on the detective as he had a notebook and was apparently asking questions. "Oh, dear. If anyone is going to see through my cover, it's him. I just have to stay calm. I can do this," she thought to herself with slight uneasiness. She then focused on the rest of the group and thought, "I just have to keep a close eye on everyone and look out for anything suspicious."
    thegunsling
    thegunsling

Post  thegunsling Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:49 pm

Detective Valyark continued to look through his notes. His writing utensil was tucked away behind his right ear. He was still in shock as to how familiar Melissa looked to him. He shook his head softly. This was no time to get distracted. He looked at the young woman who had dozed off, but had recently woken up. She, too, seemed familiar, but not to the extent of Melissa. He tapped his chin a few times before starting to write again, taking down notes about everyone's appearance and physical traits.
    Evie
    Evie

Post  Evie Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:56 pm

Oscar had been fairly oblivious to the others for the past few minutes, again running his systems for the fourth time to make sure nothing was out of the ordinary. Again, everything seemed alright or nothing was enough of an issue for the checker to notice.

However while his chip may not have been attentive, Oscar was certainly noticing something from where he was sitting. The new woman, Miss Melissa Schaefer that is, had committed a crime that couldn't go unvoiced. Oscar leaped up from his chair, forgetting that it was being balanced so it made a loud 'thunk!' as it hit the wall.

"Vhat the hell are you doing!?" He exclaimed as said offender walked into the room, He pointed an accusing finger at Sety as he wore a look of betrayl. "So vhat if ve need all the help ve can get? I vill not stand for you letting people vith such poor fashion choices to keep coming here!" He spat, being more than a little over dramatic considering the circumstances.
    Parzifal
    Parzifal

Post  Parzifal Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:58 pm

Sety spread his arms. "What do you want me to do, Kafka? Take her downstairs to the studio and make her a brand new bloody custom tailored outfit within a day?"

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:13 am