The Velvet Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to kick back, relax, talk, and to have a little fun

5 posters

Blackout RP

thegunsling
    thegunsling

Blackout RP - Page 4 Empty Re: Blackout RP

Post  thegunsling Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:59 pm

"I'm sorry if I don't look like all of those hip, trashy supermodels," Melissa spat back, "but, unlike most people these days, I don't give a damn about what's 'fashionable' and what's not. Besides, I was in a hurry this morning. I'm not changing my clothes just because some crazy German kook that designs clothes thinks I should be wearing what everyone else wears."
    WindNinja
    WindNinja

Post  WindNinja Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:05 pm

Hannah sat back and watched the argument between Oscar and Melissa. She then groaned and said softly to herself, "With everything that's going on, I don't think a girl's fashion statement is anywhere close to being an issue right now."
    Evie
    Evie

Post  Evie Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:24 pm

At that, Oscar simply scoffed and crossed his arms. "Of course not, that vould be crazy. I vant you to have her strip down to her undervear--Don't give me that look, let me finish!--so I can get her measurements...hmm, then again this vould be a golden time to use the application I downloaded the other day."

Hearing Melissa's retort, Oscar turned to face her. "Und you, Miss Schaefer vas it? Vhen you're ready to stop living in the dark ages then ve'll have a discussion on vhy everything you know is wrong und I only hurt to help." However nothing in his tone was helpful at all.
    thegunsling
    thegunsling

Post  thegunsling Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:30 pm

Melissa threw Oscar quite a dirty scowl, and was about to retort when Detective Valyark rose from his seat and stood between the two.
    "Calm down, you two," he told them sternly. "Now is not the time to be bickering over something as trivial as clothing. If he appearance bothers you so much, Oscar, then perhaps we can go find her something else to wear if we make our way over to her side of town. Until or unless that happens, though, I would advise you to ignore her clothing. We need to be working together, not arguing over who's the best dressed." With this, he looked around, and sat down once more, shaking his head.
    Parzifal
    Parzifal

Post  Parzifal Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:32 pm

Sety sighed. "Miss, I must admit, you ARE making my eyes hurt. And I live with THAT MAN," He spoke, extending a arm.

His hand was pointing to Ramses in his bright yellow and blue suit. Said man, by the way, was now framing the credit card to put in his museum.

"In addition," Sety continued, "I do not need to be hearing any bloody complaints from the living doll over there. May I fetch something for you that's....NOT going to clash with your hair and eyes?" Sety began looking over the girl. "Perhaps something in a nice spring green color... Oscar, is green in this coming year? We did blue last year, I think green would be nice. Or should we go black? Black is always a classic, and it could correspond with the blackout we have now... Of course, we have to get that eye color in there somewhere, that's a beautiful color. And if we DO go with black, it would go magnificently with the motorcycle look she's got now. We just have to..." Sety was muttering mostly to himself at this point, though sometimes he spoke louder so that Oscar could hear him, though it was still in fashion jargon.

S.A.G.E. Blinked back onto the screen. "Okay, The house has a network, we're good. What's the plan for this mystery?"
    WindNinja
    WindNinja

Post  WindNinja Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:36 pm

Hannah then looked at Sety and decided to make a response. This time she made it loud enough for everyone to hear. "Look. I'm sorry, but I think we have more important things to worry about than a girl's hair not matching her sweater," she stated with annoyance.
    Parzifal
    Parzifal

Post  Parzifal Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:37 pm

"Oh, right, of course, of course," Sety nodded, before pulling up his sleeve, looking around, finding a pen and starting to write things down on his arm, mostly tuning the others out.
    Evie
    Evie

Post  Evie Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:43 pm

"Ach, close, but the colour for this season is more of a bluer jade. Oh I think I have some outfits cataloged that vould look vunderbar und hide her troll shoulders!" Oscar exclaimed, ignoring others protests to get serious and from his glasses came a projection of an outfit, with a flick of his fingers it changed to a different one, and so on as he searched. "Oh do not mind me, I can multi-task." He said with a dismissive wave, listening to the group as he kept himself occupied with his virtual catalog.
    WindNinja
    WindNinja

Post  WindNinja Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:47 pm

Hannah looked at Oscar. "Still obsessed over the fashion? Seriously? If I didn't know any better, I would say that he didn't care for what's going on, but I can't exactly jump to conclusions right now," she thought to herself. She then focused on Sety and what he was writing down on his arm.
    thegunsling
    thegunsling

Post  thegunsling Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:47 pm

Melissa sat down slowly, still scathing over Oscar's remarks. She started to take deep breaths to calm herself down. She didn't want to cause problems with these people, as well. She shook off her rage. In retrospect, she agreed that she could have at least taken the time to make sure her colors weren't so all over the place. Meanwhile, Detective Valyark was speaking to Sage.
    "Well, first off," he explained to the AI, "we'll need to hear everyone's stories. I've heard Oscar's, and that young lady was about to tell me hers." He pointed at Hannah as he said this.
    Parzifal
    Parzifal

Post  Parzifal Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:51 pm

S.A.G.E. looked at Valyark with a look that could be a few notches down from icy. "Well, considering Sety is busy over there writing down idiotic clothing color schemes-"

"They are NOT idiotic, they are essential!"

"IDIOTIC COLOR SCHEMES," Sage continued, "He'll be busy. If it MUST come to it, I could tell you what I know, but I am merely an outdated piece of electronics."
    WindNinja
    WindNinja

Post  WindNinja Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:53 pm

Hannah then switched her attention to Vaylark. "Oh, great. I guess how I handled myself after I woke up wasn't the best. I should play along, though, for the sake of not arousing suspicion," she thought to herself while keeping her face as straight as possible.

"Yes, what do you want to know?" she then asked out loud to Vaylark.
    thegunsling
    thegunsling

Post  thegunsling Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:55 pm

"I would appreciate that very much, Sage," Detective Valyark told Sage with a smile. He then turned back to Hannah. "I'd like you to tell me everything that was happening in your area at the time of the blackout."
    WindNinja
    WindNinja

Post  WindNinja Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:01 am

"Well, I was just driving through town on my way to visit a friend of mine when I heard a loud screech and lost control of my car. I woke up a while later to find that I wasn't hurt, but my car was wrecked. However, my car had just a little bit of power left to receive the mass e-mail that was sent. From what I can tell, there wasn't anyone else in the immediate area that was alive. I then spent the rest of the time walking to this house."
    thegunsling
    thegunsling

Post  thegunsling Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:04 am

"Do you use or have you ever used any of NeuroAdvance's products?" he asked her, taking down notes as she spoke.
    WindNinja
    WindNinja

Post  WindNinja Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:06 am

"Yes, I do use NeuroAdvance, but I didn't get the most recent update."
    thegunsling
    thegunsling

Post  thegunsling Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:09 am

Detective Valyark made some more notes.
    "Very well. That's all I need to know for now," he informed Hannah. He returned his attention to Sage. "Sage, I'd like to know anything and everything you can tell me about what happened at the time of the blackout."
    Parzifal
    Parzifal

Post  Parzifal Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:19 am

"Don't ask me yet, be polite, and ask Sety if he's busy," Sage frowned. "Go on, don't be rude."
    thegunsling
    thegunsling

Post  thegunsling Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:23 am

Detective Valyark's smile faded slowly.
    "You know as well as I do that he's busy," he told the stubborn AI unit. "Would you kindly tell me? I promise: the sooner you tell me, the sooner I stop talking to you."
    Parzifal
    Parzifal

Post  Parzifal Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:25 am

"Hmm. Maybe he's done. Sety-"

Sety looked up at Sage and rolled his eyes. "YES, Sage, I am busy. Sod off. I am TRYING to work out these color schemes so that poor girl won't look like a tree! Ugh... Anyway, Oscar, what do you think about black? Done to death?" And with that, Sage and Valyark were tuned out again.

The AI looked a bit ticked off, but the emotion was erased away, and his standard slightly bored, slightly annoyed expression was back. "Fine. Where do you want me to start?"
    thegunsling
    thegunsling

Post  thegunsling Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:27 am

"Just tell me anything and everything you can about what happened at the time of the blackout. Then, I can take my notes and move on, and I won't bug you any more for the time being."
    Parzifal
    Parzifal

Post  Parzifal Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:30 am

"Is that a command?" Sage seemed about to say something when Sety groaned again.

"S.A.G.E.: Command: ANSWER THE BLEEDING QUESTIONS."

"...Acknowledged..." Sage spoke slowly. "To start off, Sety and I were stuck in traffic, he told me to shut up, then he told me to send a message to Oscar, I did so, then I shut down. The end. And we all lived happily ever after except the hundreds of thousands of people who died."
    thegunsling
    thegunsling

Post  thegunsling Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:35 am

"You're lying. Even someone as old-fashioned as I am knows that even if an AI shuts down consciously, its subconscious is still active. Henceforth, you still recorded the events of what happened. So, tell me again what happened, and tell me the truth." Detective Valyark's voice was more stern and assertive at this point than it had been when he stepped between Oscar and Melissa.
    Evie
    Evie

Post  Evie Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:36 am

Oscar quickly shot down his suggestion "Vhy vould you suggest black? You never wear black in march, ve're not making a funeral dress for fucks sake. Ok so I made a hypothetical vardrobe vith colours that vill compliment her, vhat do you think?" He asked, expanding the projection so Sety could see it. "Ugh, poka dots, vhat vas I thinking?! She vould be much better suited vith a subtle paisley print accessory."

Last edited by Evie on Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total
    WindNinja
    WindNinja

Post  WindNinja Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:38 am

Hannah was listening to Sety and Oscar's conversation. "Paisley? Blech," she said softly. "Anyway, they really have one-track minds, don't they?" she thought.
    Parzifal
    Parzifal

Post  Parzifal Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:40 am

Sety looked at the projection before shaking his head. "What are you thinking with PAISLEY? No patterns. You... well, you already have us covered with your blue plaid and yellow and white floral sewing bag. No patterns."

"Good sir," Sage smiled, "I am an ARTIFICIAL Intelegence program. Furthermore, I am only a Sound and General Electronics program. As you should know, AI cannot lie unless programed to. And I am not programed to- I am not a deception program."
    WindNinja
    WindNinja

Post  WindNinja Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:44 am

She was still paying attention to Sety and Oscar. "...why am I even watching this?" She immediately turned her attention to Vaylark and Sage. "I should be paying attention to this. This might actually help me out," she thought.
    thegunsling
    thegunsling

Post  thegunsling Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:44 am

"You're also an older model. Older models have been known to become corrupted in one way or another, because their programming wears away and they glitch out. You may not know this, but your facial expressions, no matter how small and insignificant they may be, give it away to me. You're lying. Now, I'll ask you one more time: what the fuck did you see when the damned blackout happened?!" Detective Valyark was shouting by now, thoroughly annoyed by Sage and his ilk.
    WindNinja
    WindNinja

Post  WindNinja Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:48 am

"Oh, here we go," she thought as Vaylark blew up at Sage. "I have to remind myself not to get him mad. I'm almost tempted to say something to Sage, but I think I should let this play out on its own."

Last edited by WindNinja on Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total
    Evie
    Evie

Post  Evie Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:48 am

"You have noooo fucking room to judge my fashion choices vhen you made a FULL COURDORY OUTFIT last month!" He snapped, "But fine, no patterns." With another finger flick, any outfits he'd chosen with patterns were trashed. "One moment, pass me your arm." With that Oscar yanked Sety's arm into sight, read off any notes his assistant had written down, and added the less absurd ones to his search.

Last edited by Evie on Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 2:23 pm