The Velvet Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to kick back, relax, talk, and to have a little fun

5 posters

Blackout RP

Parzifal
    Parzifal

Blackout RP - Page 5 Empty Re: Blackout RP

Post  Parzifal Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:53 am

"That courdory outfit was for a cosplay commission and you bloody well know it, you wanker!" Sety retorted, though he didn't protest his arm being pulled.

"What did I see... Hmm.... Numbers. Like always. I saw streams of numbers." Sage smiled. "You wanna see?" he asked sarcastically, before a long series of ones and zeroes scrolled across the bottom of the screen.
    thegunsling
    thegunsling

Post  thegunsling Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:56 am

Detective Valyark growled in an animalistic manner.
    "Okay, that's it!" he bellowed belligerently. "Trying to get you to cooperate is like trying to squeeze water from a stone!" With this, the detective stormed out of the room, slamming his fist into the wall on his way out. Luckily, nothing was knocked off the wall, but his fist made quite a hole in it.
    Parzifal
    Parzifal

Post  Parzifal Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:58 am

Sage tsked. "Now I have to go find something to fix the wall. My my, someone has quite the temper." He flickered out.
    WindNinja
    WindNinja

Post  WindNinja Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:00 am

Hannah was getting annoyed now. She wanted to get on with her job, but Sage's attitude was getting in the way. She then decided to say something to Sage considering the detective was out of the room.

"You know, Sage, the sooner you cooperate, the sooner we can actually get stuff done," she said with a slight tone of annoyance in her voice.
    Parzifal
    Parzifal

Post  Parzifal Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:02 am

Sage blinked back onto the screen, before bowing his head at Hannah. "My apologies miss. Of course I'll help. If you don't mind taking notes, of course."
    Evie
    Evie

Post  Evie Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:02 am

Anything Oscar was going to say next was quickly forgotten as the detective made a scene and stormed out. He quickly paused the application he had running and looked at the hole that was left in the wall.

"Vell it seems someone is needs an emergency procedure to remove a dead parasite from a place it doesn't belong." He remarked, 'honestly what is the point in getting so angry?' He thought to himself, not realizing the hypocrisy of his thoughts.
    WindNinja
    WindNinja

Post  WindNinja Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:07 am

"Well, considering how I want to figure this whole thing out just as much as the next person, I might as well. Let's see what I have here..." Hannah searched her pockets for something to write on. She took out a pencil and a mini-notebook. "Alright. Let's start with what's been going on in the events leading up to the blackout."
    thegunsling
    thegunsling

Post  thegunsling Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:11 am

Melissa stared in awe at the hole in the wall.
    "Damn," she exclaimed quietly, "I didn't think he would ever do that. He seemed so calm a few minutes ago. Then, he started talking to the computer, and then... Hmm... Maybe the AI has some kind of problem with him. I don't know what that problem would be, but..." She shook her head. She was making claims that she had no warrants to back up with. For the time being, she would simply continue to listen to everyone else talk.
    Parzifal
    Parzifal

Post  Parzifal Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:13 am

Sety looked at his employer with a raised eyebrow. "Er.... Oscar... N...Nevermind. Father-"

"Quiet, my boy, I'm trying to call the contractor to fix the wall. He's not picking up."

"Father, he might be dead."

"Oh, right.... I will be back momentarily, I must go find a phonebook." Ramses exited the scene out another door.

Sage made a bit of a shrugging motion, from what they could see of his avatar. "As I said, I was in traffic with Sety. After he told me to send the message, I felt some sort of... Virus, I think, penetrate the firewall I had up. I was a bit preoccupied with keeping it away from me, but it did end up shutting me down. I spent the rest of the time trying to get my bearings, as a few things had gotten scrambled that I needed to fix. Sety finally reactivated me a couple hours later."
    WindNinja
    WindNinja

Post  WindNinja Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:18 am

"A virus?" She said as she took notes. "A virus that would attack an AI...interesting, with AIs being as outdated as they are. No offense."
    Parzifal
    Parzifal

Post  Parzifal Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:20 am

"I don't think it was specifically attacking AI. It seemed... well, about as confused as a virus would be. I don't exactly know how to describe it to those who aren't technology. But I think it was attacking newer based technology."
    thegunsling
    thegunsling

Post  thegunsling Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:23 am

"It sounds like someone wanted all of the newer technology crippled for some reason," Melissa observed as she listened.
    WindNinja
    WindNinja

Post  WindNinja Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:24 am

Hannah heard Melissa's comment. "Exactly. And the AI was one obstacle in the way of the virus's main target."
    Parzifal
    Parzifal

Post  Parzifal Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:25 am

"Perhaps, perhaps." Sage nodded. "Quite possible, in fact. The question now is whom, why, and from where."
    WindNinja
    WindNinja

Post  WindNinja Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:28 am

"Of course. I guess the next question would be if you've seen anyone acting suspicious or anything else out of the ordinary."
    thegunsling
    thegunsling

Post  thegunsling Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:31 am

Melissa thought long and hard.
    "The only culprit I can think of is that group of crazy treehuggers that tried to break into NeuroAdvance a few years ago," she confessed. "Y'know, the ones that thought that NeuroAdvance was killing nature or something like that. But, I don't know how they could do it, especially considering none of them knew how to use a computer, and they were all thrown in jail."
    WindNinja
    WindNinja

Post  WindNinja Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:35 am

"Interesting theory. It does sound unlikely, but it could be possible that there are sympathisers still out there who have the ability to use a computer and create a virus to wipe out NeuroAdvance. It could even be a single sympathiser. Someone or a group who felt that the best way to take out NeuroAdvance would be to use its own technology against it."
    Parzifal
    Parzifal

Post  Parzifal Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:39 am

At this, Sage let out a loud laugh, though it sounded odd coming from an voice with electronic overtones. "THOSE treehuggers don't know the difference between a cookie and a byte!"

"But it COULD be a programmer sympathizer, as Miss Hannah pointed out." Sety protested. "It could EASILY be. Especially someone in computer engineering."

Ramses had come back with a fairly large address book at this point. "Computer engineering? Like your brother's step-brother?"

"DAD!" Sety whipped around and stared at him in horror. "You can't be implying what I THINK you are!"

"What? I just heard computer engineering, what did I miss?" Ramses looked a tad perplexed.
    thegunsling
    thegunsling

Post  thegunsling Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:40 am

Melissa looked at Hannah, implying that this could be a good lead with her eyes.
    WindNinja
    WindNinja

Post  WindNinja Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:48 am

Hannah noticed Melissa's look, not quite sure what to make of it. She then turned to Ramses. "She might be on to me, but I can't exactly stop now. I might be getting something here," she thought. She then said to Ramses, "You know a computer engineer?"
    Parzifal
    Parzifal

Post  Parzifal Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:52 am

"Oh, yes! See, I'm obviously not Sety's biological father. The boy's paler than milk! Always been that way, ever since he was a little boy, down to his little-"

"DAD!" Sety interrupted, slapping a hand over his upper face in despair.

"Right then, sorry. Sety here is a Son of Ame. I don't know if you know what that is?"
    thegunsling
    thegunsling

Post  thegunsling Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:54 am

Melissa shook her head.
    "No, I don't," she admitted. "Is it important to the investigation?"
    WindNinja
    WindNinja

Post  WindNinja Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:58 am

"I don't know, either. To be quite honest, and a bit curt, I don't see how this Son of Ame information will help us out." She then thought for a couple of seconds before continuing. "...but I guess we might as well listen if you'll tell us afterward where this computer engineer is and if he can help us out," Hannah responded.
    Parzifal
    Parzifal

Post  Parzifal Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:02 am

"It's important to understand where I'm going with all of this!" Ramses exclaimed.

"The Sons and Daughters of Ame are children of... well, as the name says, Ame. As in the famous underwear model Ame. He's infamous for sleeping with nearly a million women. He's had so many one night stands, there's an orphanage specifically for his children who are abandoned or orphaned. And the orphanage has near a hundred children in it at any given time." Sety explained

"Correct, Sety!" Ramses clapped his son on the back. "Now, this means Sety here has many half siblings, also from the Children of Ame Adoption Agency! And one of them lives not too far from here! About an hour's drive, I'd say, and the two brothers who adopted him as their own brother are very talented!"

"One is a computer engineer," Sety cut to the chase.
    thegunsling
    thegunsling

Post  thegunsling Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:04 am

"What could he possibly gain from causing something like the blackout?" Melissa asked, truly curious.
    WindNinja
    WindNinja

Post  WindNinja Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:05 am

"He might be able to help us out, though. A computer engineer is bound to have connections," she said to Melissa. She turned to face Sety and Ramses. "Is this computer engineer the one who is close by?"
    Parzifal
    Parzifal

Post  Parzifal Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:07 am

"Both fortunately and unfortunately, yes." Sety pinched the bridge of his nose. "An hour's drive south."
    thegunsling
    thegunsling

Post  thegunsling Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:08 am

"Well, it couldn't hurt to try his house to see if we can find anything out."
    WindNinja
    WindNinja

Post  WindNinja Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:11 am

"Right. So, we should probably head out as soon as possible...and someone should probably find the detective to let him know about the plan."
    thegunsling
    thegunsling

Post  thegunsling Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:13 am

"I'll go look for him."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:39 pm